Dundalk enjoys a great location, strategically located approximately midway between, and fifty miles from the two largest cities in the island of Ireland, Belfast and Dublin. Historically a town famous for manufacturing industries (featuring brewing, textiles, shoe making and tobacco plants), Dundalk has now evolved into a hub for technology, electronics and engineering.
Dundalk has an extremely active Chamber of Commerce. Dundalk’s business network and business voice consist of 200 members representing all business sectors in the town. Chamber members meet monthly with a view to promoting economic development throughout Dundalk.
The Chamber structure is designed to meet the needs of the key business sectors in the community and to ensure their development objectives are met by appropriate representation on each sector’s behalf. All committee chairpersons are appointed by and accountable to the Chamber Council.
Benefits of Membership
By joining Dundalk Chamber, your business will be more profitable! Not only will you enjoy the wide range of services offered by the Chamber, but you will also gain satisfaction from knowing that you are making a difference in your community.
As a member of the Chamber, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Advertise and promote your business FREE on Chamber website – 17000 visits a month – plus event advertising opportunities
- Mailshot service (incl. Free set of Membership labels which you can use for a mailshot anytime)
- Specific committees for development and promotion of Retail and Tourism (setup BIDS and TCCM). The Chamber has been involved in the operation of the largest St. Patricks Day Parade in the region.
- Create business contacts with Oriel B2B Networking Group + Business After Hours Club
- Organise major events to bring business and consumers to the area
- Wide range of Conferences, Seminars, Embassy visits, Training and Social Events
- Business advice, Certificates of Origin, information, directories, guides, newsletters etc
- Independent lobbying at local, national and European levels (achieved 5% reduction in rates + revision of rates rebate scheme + lobbying equal cross border VAT rate).
- Organise major cross border events, job fairs, trade and initiatives
- VHI Group Scheme: Members – 10% discount on VHI subscription fee
- Gain recognition for your business with the Louth Business Awards
…. plus many more reasons.