The Fairways Hotel was the place to be last Saturday night when Dundalk Chamber of Commerce hosted the Louth Business Awards 2012. The glittering, Black tie event is now the event of the year and a highlight in the social calendar in Dundalk. A sell out crowd compromising of business leaders, local politicians and dignitaries suggested this really was the event to be with just under 500 guests on the night. Tickets are always at a premium for this occasion.
Patrons were treated to a fantastic champagne reception, followed by a five course meal. Marshes Shopping Centre sponsored Best Dressed Lady and Tony McDonnells’ Menswear sponsored the Best Dressed Gent. It really was a glamorous occasion with beautiful dresses and accessories. The staff of the Fairways Hotel pulled out all the stops to make it a night to be remembered.
MC for the night was Michael Duffy who provided the rapport with the audience and the finalists. The band on the night was “Sugartown Rd.” and they got all the audience up from the very first number and made sure the crowd were entertained until the early hours with a brilliant selection of songs. Local businesses donated fantastic spot prizes also which really added to the occasion.
The results for the Louth Business Awards 2012 were as follows:
- Best Customer Service Award Independent Retailer sponsored by the Argus was won by Tony Kieran Ltd.
- Best Retail premises for both exterior and interior visual impact sponsored by Dedco was won by McArdle Meats.
- Special Community Group Award sponsored by Dundalk Credit Union was won by St. Vincent De Paul.
- Age Friendly award sponsored by myhomecare.ie was won by The Carrickdale Hotel & Spa.
- Business Growth Award sponsored by Vhi Healthcare was won by Slender Choice Ltd.
- Best Exporter of the year award sponsored by Enterprise Ireland was Duffy Chartered Engineers.
- Best Training Initiative sponsored by FAS was won by Servisource Recruitment.
- Best Business Compliance Award sponsored by Peninsula Business Services was won by Intact Software.
- Best Pub/Bar Award sponsored by Diageo (Great Northern Brewery) was won by The Jockeys.
- Best Hair Salon Award sponsored by L’Oreal Professional Products Division was won by Peter Mark.
- Dundalk’s Best High Growth SME sponsored by Louth County Enterprise Board was won by Dunraven Systems.
- Environment Excellence Award sponsored by Tesco was won by Aura Dundalk Leisure.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by Prometric was won by Talk to Me Mobile Phones.