Calling all Dundalk business, a series of Public Meetings are being held all over Dundalk from the 12th of September for your input ongoing forward and improving our town. Dundalk Town Centre Commercial Management has begun work on the next phase of Dundalk’s Business Improvement District Scheme also known as BIDS2, detailing Dundalk’s potential in the years ahead.
With the completion of refurbishment work at the market square, the opportunities for Dundalk to benefit are vast. Dundalk Retailers and business owners will have the opportunity to be part of the BIDS 2 Consultation process with a number of meetings being arranged in the coming weeks to hear feedback from and listen to ideas for the development of Dundalk BIDS which will be outlined by BIDS chairman Brian O’Neill and Dundalk Town Centre Commercial Manager Andrew Mawhinney. The retail and local government sector made history three years ago with the innovative decision to form a BIDS scheme in Dundalk. The ratepayers of Dundalk contribute 1 ½ % of their Rates contribution to Dundalk BIDS, where the money is ring fenced and used for the betterment of the town. (Example: If your rates are €6,000 a year then you contribute €90 a year towards the running of this office TCCM) Dundalk gained a Town Centre Commercial Manager or TCCM, which has been involved in numerous projects in Dundalk, such as The Festival of Fashion Weekend, The Seatown Fleadh, Louth Expo and Dundalk Half marathon to mention just a few.
Please see below for the list of dates, times and venues for meetings :
- Streets: Francis St., Park St., Dublin St., Earl St, and Ramparts Road Date: Monday 12th September at 6.15pm – Venue: The Imperial Hotel
- Streets: Clanbrassil St., Church St., Crowe St., Seatown, Roden Place, Jocelyn St, Market Square – Date: Tuesday 13th September at 6.15pm – Venue: McAteers Food House
- Streets: Lower Bridge St, Armagh Road, Racecourse Road, Castletown Road, Date: Wednesday 14th September at 6.15pm Venue The Lisdoo
- Streets: Long Walk, Demesne, Longwalk Shopping Centre and Carrolls Village, Date: Thursday 15th September at 6.15pm -Venue: The Chestnut Cafe
- Streets: Dundalk Retail Park, North Link Retail Park, Finnabair Industrial Est, Coe’s Road and Blackthorn Business Park. Date: Monday 19th September – Venue The Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Streets: Marshes Shopping Centre. Date: Thursday September 29th at 11am – Venue: The Marshes Shopping Centre
We hope that as many retailers and business owners as possible will attend the public meetings and help shape Dundalk’s future in the years ahead. If any retailers or business owner is unable to attend the specific meeting arranged for their area, they are free to come along to any of the other meetings arranged. We are eager to hear the many ideas which we are sure are there and where possible to work in bringing them to fruition for the betterment of us all.