County Kildare Chamber was yesterday (10 April 2019) named Chamber of the Year at the Chambers Ireland Annual Chamber Awards, sponsored by Zurich. The awards are an opportunity to recognise best practice and to showcase the diverse activity taking place across the country led by Chambers.
Siobhan Kinsella, President of Chambers Ireland said, “It’s fantastic to see such creativity and energy from Chambers across the country on display at today’s ceremony.
The winning projects, as well as all of the shortlisted projects, are a reminder of what opportunities, knowledge and skills are available of a national standard which continue to be accessible through local Chambers. The utmost of congratulations to all the award-winning Chambers.
I would also like to congratulate County Kildare Chamber as the winner of the overall Chamber of the Year award. They have consistently proven themselves in supporting member businesses and raising the economic profile of the region both nationally and internationally.”
Congratulating County Kildare Chamber and the winning Chambers, Colm Blake, Head of Insurance Marketing at Zurich Ireland commented, “The quality of the winning and shortlisted projects is testament to the innovation, expertise and business acumen to be found across the Chamber network and its members. Zurich is delighted to lend our support to this wonderful occasion.”
There were five awards presented on the night in addition to the overall ‘Chamber of the Year’ award.
The full list of winners for each of the awards categories is as follows:
- Overall Chamber of the Year: County Kildare Chamber
- Event of the Year: Waterford Chamber – Toys4Engineers Conference & Expo
- Most Innovative Project: Northern Ireland Chamber – Learn Grow Excel – Business Support Initiative
- Most Successful Policy Campaign: Cork Chamber & Limerick Chamber – Gearing up for the M20 Cork – Limerick Motorway
- Local Authority Collaboration: South Dublin Chamber – Sustainable Business Partnership Programme with South Dublin County Council, South Dublin LEO & South Dublin Chamber
- Best Chamber Marketing Campaign: Mullingar Chamber – Winterfest Mullingar 2018