The Annual Chamber Golf Classic took place in the beautiful surroundings of Dundalk Golf Club. A thoroughly enjoyable day was had by all Chamber Golf Classic which is one of the longest established and popular golf classics in the North East region. This very prestigious annual event sponsored by Recruit Island was held on Friday 30th August in Blackrock and has drawn many teams back every year to enjoy the warm atmosphere and hospitality experienced on the day.
The Dundalk Golf course as usual was in magnificent condition and is unquestionably one of Ireland’s premium parkland layouts. The traditional delicious bar-b-que was enjoyed by team members at the 9th hole was sponsored by McArdle Meats and also offered an opportunity to meet other team players for a chat before completing the course. An evening of entertainment followed with dinner, prize presentation and a raffle in the Club House.
It was a fantastic competition and the results were as follows:
- First prize with 96 points was won by the Chamber team and the players were Frank Pentony, Martin Patterson, Jim McCorry and K Boyd.
- Second Prize was won by Senator Windows with 91 points. Players were N Nugent, M McCreesh, M Rooney and L Crilly.
- Third Prize was won by Louth Leader Partnership on 89 points. Players were Paul Branagan, Josh Macken, Noel Macken and Ray Murphy.
- Fourth Prize was won by Electric Ireland with 89 points. Players were Vincent Litchfield, Seamus Bellew, Paul Litchfield and Richard Mulholland.
- Fifth Prize was won by Greenore Port with 88 points. Team consisted of M Savage, P Hollywood, P Savage and M McGahon.
- Nearest the Pin Gents was won by George McEnteggart of the Louth Community Men’s Shed.
- Nearest the Pin Ladies was won by Jacinta Foran of Blackrock Abbey Nursing Home.
- Longest Drive Gents was won by Fintan Lawlor of CTI Business Solutions.
- Longest Drive Ladies was won by Brenda McParland
- The putting Competition was won by Brendan Lawlor of CTI Business Solutions.
The fantastic raffle which followed included a variety of prizes including 2 tickets to Grease the Musical was won by Graham Purcell and the beautiful jewellery donated by Rapport was won by R. Kennedy.
The prize of One Night B & B for 2 in the Crowne Plaza Dundalk was won by David Brennan. The 2 tickets for the All Ireland Final in Croke Park sponsored by Recruit Island were won by N Nugent.
Recruit Island thanked the organizing committee at the Dundalk Chamber of Commerce, they also thanked Leslie and Aaron of Dundalk Golf Club and to all those who helped to make this golf classic a tremendous success.
Total Attachments: 1