Moving to Dundalk? Welcome! We can’t wait to meet you! You probably have a million questions like where to send your children to school? Where can I shop? What are the local facilities like? What emergency numbers do I need? Where to eat out?
Here’s what some of our current residents have to say….
Dundalk has a proud and very interesting history, dating from 3500BC to the Industrial Revolution, when the town really took off. You can read all about it here.
We have a collection of useful links here on the website that you should look. We try to keep it up to date as much as possible.
Useful Phone Numbers
- All Emergencies: 999
- GP (Family Doctor) Out of Hours Service: 1850 777 911
- Dundalk Garda Station: 042 9388400
- Louth County Hospital: 042 933 4701
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital: 041 983 76010
We also try to maintain an event list that might interest visitors and new residents to our town.
There are plenty of places to shop in Dundalk and the surrounding area, many of them participating in our “Shop Local” voucher scheme.
Of course, as soon as you arrive, you will want to explore the area! Dundalk Tourist Information Office, occupies a prominent position in the Market Square. The Tourist Office is open all year round, Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.00 hours. Services include:
- Accommodation booking service,
- Itinerary and route planning,
- Local and national information,
- Map sales,
- What’s on, in the area and nationally etc.