Do you want to take on a skilled workforce placement for 13 weeks with no financial implication to your business ? Read more about Momentum Focus Your Talent project to benefit.
Dundalk Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Optimum Ltd is supporting a new and innovative government initiative which is being brought to Dundalk and the surrounding area. Optimum Ltd is a first class professional training company specialising in Customer Service and Sales Negotiation skills.
The candidates, who have come forward to participate on this programme, undergo an intensive 6 six week training programme in Customer Service and Sales Negotiation Skills which is delivered in Dundalk by Optimum Ltd. Following this training period they will commence a 13 week pre-employment period in a local business. All participating businesses have the opportunity to pre-select/interview the candidates to choose the most suitable for their business. It is envisaged that the company will retain the candidate following the 13 week placement as an employee. The project is being run out in conjunction with the local Chamber of Commerce to focus on the needs of both unemployed individuals and employers in the local area.
This fully funded programme engages with businesses, allowing them to expand and grow in a cost effective manner. The MOMENTUM Focus Your Talent project is aimed at up-skilling participants with the relevant knowledge and skills needed for personal growth and sustainable employment. The target profile for the project is long term unemployed 18-25 year olds as there are upwards of 50% of this category on the live register. The aim is to return these young and enthusiastic participants to the work place through this programme with the view to increase productivity and competitiveness in your company as well as boosting the local economy.
Course Title: Customer Service and Sales Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service – FETAC level 5 & 6
- Communications – FETAC level 4 & 5
- Sales Negotiation skills – FETAC level 6
Benefits to the Employer:
- 13 weeks of skilled workforce placement with no financial implication to your business
- Candidates upskilled to the specific needs of the company.
- Full control over interview and selection process from trained candidates.
- Structured support and training through the work placement period.
- Improving productivity and increasing sales at a reduced cost.
- Increasing company profile in the local community.
- Availability of PRSI exemption for employment
Benefits to the job seeker:
- A unique chance to develop professional skills in customer service and sales
- An opportunity to put these skills into practice through a structured work placement in a local business and reveal your potential to the employer
- Benefit from personal mentor support and local business networks
- Develop knowledge and skills required to engage professionally with local businesses and enhance employability opportunities.